This post contains affiliate links. If used, these pay a small commission to this site, at no extra cost to you. It helps us keep the lights on and continue to provide you with awesome content. If you are interested in any of the products shown on this page, using one of our links would be greatly appreciated.
If you are shopping around for a Web Hosting provider, then I’m sure you’ve heard of the big names like Wix and Godaddy.
But have you ever heard of SiteGround?
If you are already within the world of the web and have a site or a blog, then maybe, if you are new to this game, probably not.
So who are they?
Who is SiteGround
SiteGround is a web hosting provider with offices and datacentres across the globe.
Location matters a lot when looking at site speed, so with datacentres in the USA, Europe, and Singapore, you can sure that visitors to your site will get the best speeds and stability at all times.
With a frankly awesome work and employment ethic, they hire the best, take care of their staff and offer one of the best web hosting packages available today.
When it comes to the Tech that they are using, SiteGround is again leading the way.
All SSD Servers
With all SSD (Solid State Drive) hardware, you benefit from speeds up to 1000x faster than those using the old-style HDD (Hard Disk Drives), you know, the old mechanical ones.
NGINX high-performance servers
All Shared Web Hosting and Cloud plans use NGINX (NGINX is a high-performance HTTP server which is known for its high performance and stability), helping with speeding up the loading times of all static content held on your site.
Built-in SuperCacher helps improve the speed of your site even more by optimizing your website speed for dynamic content.
Free CDN (Content Delivery Network)
SiteGround offer you a FREE Content Delivery Network called CLOUDFARE.
A CDN enables your site to load faster for your visitors, wherever they may be.
They do this by storing your content on datacentres around the world.
When your visitors access your site, they will connect to the closest datacentre, giving them much higher loading speeds than normal.
HTTP/2 Enabled Servers
HTTP/2 is the newest network protocol.
SiteGround is one of the first major Web Hosting providers to support this on all of their servers.
Because of this, SiteGround offer everyone FREE SSL Certificates via Let’s Encrypt.
What do they offer?
So now we know who SiteGround is, let’s take a look at what they can offer.
With options to build a website from scratch (including WordPress) or to easily transfer an existing site, Sitegroud has you covered.
With the Web Hosting packages, you will receive:
- An ultra-fast site thanks to the SSD servers, free CDN and SuperCache
- Top grade security thanks to a Free SSL certificate courtesy of Let’s Encrypt
- Free installation of WordPress
- Easy site management via WordPress, Joomla or Magento.
- SiteGround also provides you with a free toolset to get you started.
- Domain Management. Transfer your Domain as well as your site to have them all in one convenient location.
- Web Email Service. You can create an unlimited number of email accounts for your Domains
You will also have access to SiteGrounds crisp and clean client interface.
With a multitude of instructional videos available on their site, you are sure to find the functionality you need.
Managed WordPress Hosting
The managed WordPress hosting option is very similar to the Web Hosting, but with a few additions.
You will still receive everything you get on the web hosting package, as well as:
- WordPress Launch. Automated WordPress installation helping you get a new WordPress site up and running in minutes
- WordPress Transfer. Transfer your existing WordPress site via Sitegrounds Migrator Plugin. Alternatively, with their GrowBig and GoGeek plans, get it done for free via their professional transfer service
- Automatic Security and updates. Security of your site is taken care of at the server level, along with automatic updates for your WordPress plugins
- WordPress Performance. Free performance solution including the CDN, Caching, image optimization and more, all free and all helping to drastically speed up your site
SiteGround also offers you a number of free tools to assist you with your WordPress site.
- Free SSL Certificate. Standard SSL comes pre-installed with your site
- Daily Backups of your site
- Free Site Email service
- Staging Tool. Work on your staging site BEFORE you make it live.
- Dev Toolkit. For those inclined, this gives you a huge amount of back end functionality
- Collaboration Tools. Add collaborators to your site. Add colleagues, ship sites to customers and give clients access to their site prior to release.
Obviously, the Managed WordPress Hosting option is a great option for those of you wanting to start a Blog or transfer an existing Blog to SiteGround.
The Managed WordPress Hosting package at Siteground is also Officially recommended by WordPress.org, that is one hell of a recommendation.
Managed WooCommerce Hosting
The Managed WooCommerce Hosting option is for those of you with or looking to set up an online store.
It comes with all of the basic functionality of the two previous hosting options, but with a few specifics for commerce.
- Start with WooCommerce. An easy way to set up a professional-looking e-commerce store
- WooCommerce Migration. Again, an easy way to transfer your site from another web hosting platform
- Free CDN
- Smart Caching. Specifically for WooCommerce sites
- Ultra-fast platform
- Free, pre-installed SSL Certificate
- Managed WordPress and WooCommerce updates
- Daily Backups
- AI Anti-bot system. Blocks millions of security threats, daily
- Safe Staging Tool
- Custom Web Application Firewall to help keep your site safe
Prices are again, some of the best you will find for this amount of service.
Managed Cloud Hosting
The last hosting option SiteGround provides is slightly more extreme.
This is aimed at those of you with existing, large scale sites or those of you looking to scale up, in a big way.
The Managed Cloud Hosting package provides you with:
- Guaranteed Resources. Dedicated resources specifically for your site. This guarantees the highest quality of performance
- Fully Managed Service. SiteGround industry experts will manage your site, allowing you to concentrate on the business side of life
- Easy Scaling For Growing Businesses. Add or remove resources as required. Auto-scaling is available, meaning your site will always have the resources it requires, no matter how busy it gets
- Easy Management of Sub-Accounts. Create multiple stand-alone hosting accounts, within your main account. All with their own access and control panels
- SSH & SFTP. Secure file transfer protocols
- Dedicated IP. Receive a dedicated IP Address for your site
- Free CDN
- Free SSL
- Daily Backups
- Private DNS (Domain Name Server).
With the managed Cloud Hosting packages, you will also receive Advanced Priority Support from SiteGrounds most experienced support staff.
Prices, as you can imagine are higher for this package but frankly, with the amount of functionality and support you get, it’s no surprise.
Just remember, this option is really for those with large scale sites who want maximum performance, at all times.
SiteGrounds support network is amazing.
With support available 24/7, you can rest assured that if you are having any issues with your site, there will always be someone available to help.
With multiple ways of getting in touch, you will always be able to get the support you require, either by:
- Online ticket. First reply within 10 minutes
- Live 24/7 chat
- Phone. Available 24/7 with super-fast pickup times
SiteGround hates waiting as much as you do.
As such, they overstaff all of their shifts to make sure there is always somebody available to help you when you need it.
Siteground is by far the most capable Web Hosting provider I know.
With the technology they use, and the attitude towards customer satisfaction they really are one of the leading providers out there right now.
Yes, there may be slightly cheaper options out there, but none of them provide the service or the hosting that Siteground does.
If you are looking to set up a Blog or a WooCommerce site, I really do think these guys are a must.
Speed is everything in the world of the web and if your site does not load fast, you ARE going to lose customers.
Unfortunately, that’s just the way of the world.
We all hate waiting.
So there you have it. As far as I am concerned, SiteGround has made themselves possibly the best provider out there, for this price point.
If you are starting or looking to switch web hosting provider, then they really do get an A*** from me.
If you are just starting out, check out my series on How to start a Blog.
Post #1 covers finding your niche, I think it’s pretty good.